Thursday, August 06, 2020

Sample legal forms and business documents

YOU ARE HERE Home Legal Forms Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Green Card-Based Forms I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card

I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card

All States
Purpose of Form :
Use this form to replace a ''Green Card.'' (You may also file this form online.) Please note: You should not submit this form if you are a conditional resident seeking to remove conditions. You must use Form I-751 to remove conditions on a Green Card obtained through marriage or Form I-829 to remove conditions on a Green Card obtained through financial investment in a U.S. business.
Number of Pages :
Form 5; Instructions 8.
Edition Date :
11/23/10. (08/10/09 edition also accepted.)
Where to File :

All paper-based Form I-90 applications along with all supporting documentation must be filed at the USCIS Phoenix Lockbox facility. Important filing tips, as well as additional information on fees and customer service, are listed on our Lockbox Filing Tips webpage.

For U.S. Postal Service:

P.O. Box 21262
Phoenix, AZ 85036

For USPS Express Mail and Courier deliveries:

Attention: I-90
1820 E. Skyharbor, Circle S, Floor 1
Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85034

You may also choose to file electronically using the Internet. Please see ''Instructions for Electronic Filing of Form I-90'' in the Related Links section of this page.

E-Notification: If you want to receive an e-mail and/or text message that your Form I-90 has been accepted at a USCIS Lockbox facility, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and clip it to the first page of your application. Form G-1145 can be downloaded through the link above.

Filing Fee :
$365. (Add $85 biometric fee for a total of $450, where applicable. See the form instructions for payment details.)
Special Instructions :

You have the option of filing this paper form by mail at the Phoenix, Arizona, Lockbox facility (see address above), or you may file it electronically using the Internet. Please check the Electronic Filing section of our website to determine if you are eligible to file electronically, and for instructions on how to properly complete and submit the form.

If you choose to file a paper version of the form, it is important to fill out the form completely and accurately and provide all required information, including a copy of your prior permanent resident card or other evidence of identity, and any supporting documentation with your application.


Make checks payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security, do not use the initials ''USDHS'' or ''DHS''. Two exceptions apply:

  • If you live in Guam, make your check or money order payable to the ''Treasurer, Guam.''
  • If you live in the U.S. Virgin Islands, make your check or money order payable to the ''Commissioner of Finance of the Virgin Islands.''

After filing your application, USCIS will inform you in writing when to go to your local USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) for your biometrics appointment.

Never Received or Missing Permanent Resident Cards

You must complete a Form I-90 if:

  • USCIS mailed you a Permanent Resident Card more than 30 days ago and you have not received it; and
  • Your Permanent Resident Card has been returned to USCIS by the Post Office as undeliverable; and
  • You have not moved from the address you provided to USCIS during the application or immigrant visa process that led to the creation of the card not received, or
  • Your Permanent Resident Card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error.

On the first page of the application, under Part 2, Application type, Number 2, Reason for Application, check:

  • Box ''b'' which reads: ''My authorized card was never received,'' or
  • Box ''d'' which reads ''My card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error.''

What documents should I send with my Form I-90?

If you checked

Then Send

Box “b”

A copy of your Form I-797, Notice of Action, that you received for your previously filed Form I-485, Form I-751, or Form I-90.

Box “d”

Original Form I-551 card containing the incorrect information that supports the requested correction

If your biographic data has been legally changed:

Submit a copy of the original court order or a certified copy of your marriage certificate reflecting the new name with your application. To replace a card because of a change of any other biographical data, you must submit copies of documentation to prove that the new data is correct.

Changes to Submitted Applications

If it is necessary to change any information on your submitted I-90 application, please bring evidence to support the change with you to your in-person appearance at your local ASC. Do not send written correspondence regarding changes.

Withdrawing an Application

To withdraw or cancel your submitted application, please submit a written request to:

Nebraska Service Center
PO Box 87090
Lincoln, NE 68502-7090

No refunds or returns will be honored in the event of an application cancellation or withdrawal request.